Friday, April 24, 2015

Week In Review

The countdown continues!  One more week down, 5 to go!  The summer itch is hitting us hard, I am so anxious to be done.  Part of that might be the fact that my parents will be here in about 3 weeks and there is much to do to prepare!  You saw my house the other day, that is not parent ready!  I have always been one that works well under pressure though, so it will get done just probably not until the last minute.

This week's preschool theme was Monsters!   We had a great time doing our monster activities.  This little pack I got from 1+1+1=1, and it was just perfect for my little guy.  I had a horrible time finding appropriate books to go along with this theme though.  So we ended up just reading some cute little stories and using some books we had.  The books I chose this week were Go To Bed, Monster! by Natasha Wing, Animal ABC by Marcus Pfister, If You Give a Mouse a Cookie by Laura Joffe Numeroff and Dr. Seuss's ABC.  He loved all of those books!



For Noah this week I had to get a little creative.  All About Reading includes fluency sheets after almost every lesson.  We really slacked on them this year because they were so daunting for him, but I realized recently just how important they are!  So I spiced it up a bit for him, using some ideas from All About Reading, we did a Feed The Monster Game!  He loved this!  It made the reading fluency sheets not so intimidating for him.




In geography we have been in Russia this week.  For a fun craft we made Russian Nesting Dolls.  I was a little behind in my planning and wasn't sure how the boys would like the doll craft, but I didn't have any other ideas.  So I found one on Pinterest and went for it.  Only Noah took part and he really enjoyed it!  Elijah didn't want anything to do with it, but he really isn't into crafting much, and only wants to color when its something he's interested in.



Finally here a few more shots from our week:









No comments:

Post a Comment