Friday, April 3, 2015

Week In Review

Whoo hoo!!  Here is my SECOND post on our week in review!  I am on a roll!!!  This week Zach was on spring break from preschool so it gave me a good chance to work on his home preschool set up.  I kept with his theme of transportation that we did last week.  He loves all things that move, trains, cars, buses, you name it!  If it has wheels he's all about it!

Just a reminder that he is 3 years old, and we are just beginning to do preschool at home with him.  He also attends a preschool program two days a week.  I used the Transportation Preschool pack from Homeschool Creations, which is where I also found the cute idea for the paper tube train!


For Day 1 he did shadow matching vehicles, word cards, vehicle words, and an alphabet train puzzle. We also practiced tracing his name, but he needed lots of help with that so I wasn't able to get any pictures.


On Day 2, he again did the shadow matching, he practiced his cutting, we did our first try at 3 Part Cards, and we finished up a paper tube train craft.  Last Friday I had him do the painting of the tubes so that it would be dry to work on this week.  

Our final day this week, Day 3, he was really not into school at all.  I finally got him to do that train puzzle, and then we also did a worksheet on B is for Bus.  As you can see I am not pushing him at all and we are taking it slow.

Noah worked really hard this week, and we were able to get 4 lessons completed in his All About Reading!!
























He also did great on his math this week.  It was tricky for him, but he worked hard and finally got it!

In Exploring Countries and Cultures we are learning about China.  Last week we made a cool initials stamp using an eraser and an ink pad.



This week we made Chinese Lanterns!




In Science we have been learning about the Ocean and we did a fresh water verses salt water experiment.

We also watched a Torchlighter video about Amy Carmichael.  We finished reading her book last week and I thought it would be a fun way to end.


That has been our week!!  Whew!  Now to get our house in order for the Easter Holiday!  I am praying everyone has time to reflect on the reason we celebrate easter!  He is Risen!  He is Risen Indeed!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment