Friday, April 10, 2015

Week In Review

Our preschool theme this week was Curious George/ Monkeys.  He loves the Curious George books so I got a lot of those from the library and even found some that were centered around baseball (which he loves!).  This unit I found at One Little Two Little, and we made a tot book to go along with it.

We made a Monkey paper bag puppet, he did a puzzle, shadow matching, and counting.

We traced a line to get George to the Man with the Yellow Hat, he colored shapes in a booklet, we did ABC's with George, we repeated the puzzle, and he did a coloring page.
One little mistake I made was that I put the tot book together before I had him finish everything and it was pretty difficult for him to do some of the activities.  But here are some pictures of the finished Tot Book that we put together.

































Noah this week has been learning about plural words, and we have done a lot of reviewing in his reading.  He only has six lessons left and he is really excited about finishing up!




In our geography studies we traveled to Japan this week.  We learned the art form of origami!  I had a lot of fun but my boys didn't care for it too much!





I have been teaching Elijah to take responsibility when he wants something.  In doing so he is responsible for doing his own laundry, and he's also learning to use the stove with supervision.  This week he learned how to make his own mac and cheese.

Don't mind the disaster of a kitchen, it looks like this all the time!

Elijah also did some achievement testing this week, so his schooling was a bit short.  This was the first time he had taken any sort of achievement test, and I was happy to hear that he thinks he knew most of what was on the test.  So we will see!  

I hope you have a great weekend!  I know I will!!  It's homeschool convention time for me tomorrow!  


No comments:

Post a Comment