Saturday, March 28, 2015

Our Homeschool Week In Review

Earlier this week I posted how crazy the last few weeks of life had been for us.  School did get done, but not very well!  Here a few of the things that my boys have been working on over the past few weeks.

Elijah began Math U See Delta in January, which is Division and some Geometry!  UGH!!!  Geometry!!  I still cringe at that word!  So I was a little taken aback when I heard the word parallelogram!   My favorite quote from him after a lesson learning the formula for figuring the area of a parallelogram was "I don't get this, its all a bunch of letters with numbers mixed in!"  I hear ya kid!  I hear ya!!



This is him watching his lesson!  Looks comfy doesn't
it!?

There's those letters and numbers mixing!




















Then there is Noah who began Math U See Alpha a few weeks ago.  He loves that he gets to use the blocks and is really excelling.  Although last week we were working on writing numbers to 100 and that didn't go over so well!  But really any written work for him is a challenge.
Ironman is thinking very hard about 2+6!




Then there is the dreaded cursive handwriting!  Elijah really struggles with this!  He has horrid penmanship and always has!  I just chock it up to being a boy and being left handed.  Nonetheless we power on through his A Reason For Handwriting, I just need to enforce the cursive writing more than I do.  


And for a little giggle to end this, my little Zach taking selfies with Rocket Raccoon!


No comments:

Post a Comment