Friday, March 13, 2015

It's Mom School Time

The same thing happens every year!  This weekend in March is Hearts at Home time!!!  I am so excited about this years theme which is "Unleash Your Superpower!"  And lets face it as a mom we all have superpowers!


In case you haven't heard of Hearts at Home before I'll share a little bit about it.  Hearts at Home was founded by Jill Savage, who has a huge heart for taking care of all moms in this journey that we travel together.  The Hearts at Home conference was started way back in 1994 with an expected 400 moms to attend, and well 1100 showed up!!! It has grown every year since!  The national conference is held in Normal, IL on the campus of Illinois State University, which just so happens to be pretty close to my hometown.  They have also recently added a second conference that is held in November up in Rochester, MN.


I began attending the conference in 2006, I believe, and I haven't missed a year yet!  Basically what takes place is an entire weekend that is full of key note speakers, workshops, and of course shopping!  Every year I come home with a brain full of knowledge, a heart that is refreshed and a soul that is calm! I come away with new ideas and challenges for the year ahead.   I love this conference so much and I look forward to it every year.

You can choose to attend either Friday or Saturday or both days!!  They also offer a Moms Night Out that is held on Friday night after the conference.  I haven't  been able to attend this before but look forward to going some day.  I usually only attend one day of the conference, but I have done both days before.  

Tomorrow is the day!!!  The day that I wait for all year long!!!   I get to drive away from my home at about 6:30 in the morning and not come home until about 8:30 that evening!  My husband is always so willing to allow me to attend, because he sees how my heart is different and refreshed every year when I come home!  

If you have never attended a Hearts at Home conference I strongly urge you to begin saving and plan to attend next year!  You will not regret it!!  Here is a little promo video provided by Hearts at Home to give you a glimpse into a convention weekend!  Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment