Monday, March 16, 2015

My Job Description... Full Time Stay-at-Home Homeschool Mom

This morning as I was checking my Facebook page, this article came up on my news feed.  Its title piqued my interest and so I began read.  The title of this article is "Being a Stay-at-Home Mother Is Not a Job".  That right there was enough to get me going!  I was so upset by reading this!  Are you kidding me!!!  Are you seriously saying that what I do 24/7 is NOT a job!!  For real!!!

In order to get the full scope of the article I knew I needed to read it all, and not jump to conclusions from the title alone.  So I read it, and my conclusion is this... she is really coming at it from the aspect of stay at home moms claiming that this is their "career".  Somehow that offends her to the point that her "real career" is diminished because she chose to work outside her home.  Well this article makes me feel like my choice to stay at home is diminished and that what I do isn't a "real" job!!

I think though that her point was that full time working outside the home moms still have to do everything that we do as well.  They still have to clean their house, cook meals,  and do laundry, along with helping with homework and things like that.  You know what, I totally get that!  I worked outside my home for a time, and it was really hard!!!  It was not fun to work all day, come home and cook dinner for my family, then bathe my children and put them to bed barely getting to spend anytime with them.  Which is the exact reason that my family sacrifices so that I am able to be home and take care of my children!  Its a HARD job!!!  And yes I do believe that what I do is a JOB!  A career...NO!  But a job none the less!

Do I judge working moms, absolutely NOT!!  I certainly do not think that they love their children any less because they send them to daycare and go to work!  We each make these decisions based on what we feel is best for our own families!!

I guess my reason for wanting to write this post was to make a point of lets not judge each other!  We are all moms trying to raise our children to the best of our ability and wouldn't it be so much easier if we all supported each other instead of trying to diminish each others personal choices!!

That is all!!!  Thank you!  Rant over!

No comments:

Post a Comment