Friday, July 17, 2015

Summer Bucket List Item 8

We once again got to do another item off of our summer bucket list!  Today we made a water balloon piñata.  I wasn't quite sure how I was going to pull it off, as the blog I found the idea on suggested using an item that I didn't have.  I decided to just use some twine and tie it between two trees, then hang the water balloons up using a clothes pin.  That worked really well!



Instead of just having my kids hit at the balloons with a stick I got little brave and decided to attach a screw to the end of a stick and let them poke at the balloons that way!  With very careful supervision that went over really well.




In hindsite I think I should have made more of a game out of it rather than just letting them go at it!  It took me about 30 minutes to fill up the balloons, another 10 minutes to set up the twine and less than 10 minutes for them to be done.  I was a little disappointed that it didn't last longer, but they had a great time doing it.






It really was a fun activity if I would have made a game of it, such as blind folding them, timing them, or even putting paint or something in the balloons.  I think I also only had about 30 balloons filled.



I am happy though that we were able to check another item off of our list.  After the week we had weather wise it was nice to get outside and play in the water.  After the water balloon piñata we got out our slip n slides again and they had a good time using those, while I cleaned out our van for our upcoming vacation.  Speaking of vacation, I have a great post coming up about what I do to plan for a long road trip with 3 kids in tow!   I hope you have a great weekend and can get out there and check off some of your summer bucket items!

No comments:

Post a Comment