Thursday, July 2, 2015

Sidewalk Chalk Paint: Summer Bucket List Item Number 5

After a long break, I think I can breath again!  Life got super busy, and when life gets super busy, the house gets super messy!  Then I spend a good week trying to get it back in order.


Today we were finally able to get to another item on our summer bucket list!  Yay!  We did the sidewalk chalk paint.  The kids had a great time!  It was also super easy to put together!  You can find the recipe that I used here. 

We used sponge paint brushes, but towards the end we decided to try some different things.  We tried sticks, leaves both dead and alive ones, and 'helicopters'.   One thing I liked about this chalk paint is that the colors were really bright!  We also used quite a few more drops of food coloring than suggested, because I let the kids do that part!

We aslo had fun mixing colors.  We tried blue paint on top of green paint, yellow paint on top of orange.  They were all really intent on making brown, so they were seeing what colors it took to do that.











No comments:

Post a Comment