Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Our Pre-K 4 Curriculum

This year I will be doing a light version of pre-k with Zach.  He has shown a little interest in school work, and does know most of his letters.  So I think doing a formal curriculum with him will be trial and error at first.  I am hoping that as the year progresses he will pick up on the routine and really enjoy his school time.  This year in Pre-K we will be focusing on letter recognition, letter sounds, number recognition, and scissor skills, along with doing some literature units.




When Noah was in Pre-K a few years ago, I purchased the Letter of the Week curriculum from Confessions of a Homeschooler.  That is the curriculum that I will be using this year with Zach.  I didn't get to use it to the fullest with Noah so I am really excited to get to use it with Zach.

I have planned it out and we will do one letter a week, and we will throw in 5 literature units from Homeschool Creations.  We will also be doing a unit on Thanksgiving and an advent unit around Christmas time.

I chose our literature units around books that we already owned.  We will be doing,  Caps for Sale, The Mitten, The Snowy Day, Blueberries for Sal and Corduroy.  To ease into our school year we will begin with a tot school unit on The Very Hungry Caterpillar, and then we will do a unit on dogs.

Zach will also be joining us for Bible and Science.  In case you missed it, be sure to check out our all together subjects, 5th grade and 2nd grade curriculum choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment