Monday, July 6, 2015

Homeschool Room Tour

When we moved into our home last fall, I was pretty anxious to just get things set up and ready to go so we could begin school as soon as possible.  With that being said, not much thought went into setting it up, and as the school year progressed I was able to see the areas I wanted to change.

I was pretty excited when our school year ended for more than one reason!   I was ready to get decluttering and reorganizing!  I began this project way back at the end of May, yes you heard that right,  MAY!  It took a few weeks just to get everything cleaned out, I was able to participate in a used curriculum sale.  Through that sale I got rid of a bunch of unused books and other things.  I also made a good chunk of change.  I cleared out so much stuff that I went from 10 boxes of stuff down to just 4!

Once I got all of the clutter moved out, I then began to rearrange our school room.  This took another few weeks, well, because, you know life happens!  I had a hard time finding a long period of time to just work on this room.  It stayed a mess for quite a while.

In the middle of decluttering, this is what it looked like for about two weeks!

I am so happy though that I took my time and got it just the way I wanted it!  I am thrilled with how it turned it.  With the money from the book sale, and selling a few other big things, I had enough to buy some more furniture for our room.  I bought a Trofast storage shelf to use with Zach's preschool this year.  I also bought another Trofast to use for toy storage in our family room.

Here is a photo tour of our new space!  I hope you enjoy it!
View from standing in the hallway.

I have moved the boys desks into our the little room just off of our school room.  This is Noah's desk.

Here is Elijah's desk, its on the other side of the room from Noah.



Zach's preschool corner, this view is looking from the little room off our schoolroom.

The new Trofast shelf with the green bins, and our new calendar board.
The Trofast shelf will hold Zach's workboxes for his preschool.

The beloved Expedit shelving.  This is still a work in progress,
but it has come a long way.

My desk.  

Our white board that we use for All About Spelling and All About Reading.
I also added the color word cards here just for fun.

There it is, our new set up!  Now to get all of our subjects together and organized!  Later I will be sharing our curriculum choices for this next school year.


No comments:

Post a Comment