Monday, August 12, 2013

Kindergarten Curriculum

A few months ago I gave a brief overview of what our curriculum choices were for this coming school year.  Now I am sharing how I plan to use them.

For Kindergarten this year we chose to go with an all in one curriculum.  This will be my first year teaching kindergarten.  Elijah was in public school for kindergarten and first grade, so I am a little nervous to be teaching a child how to read.


Our curriculum choice for kindergarten is My Fathers World Kindergarten God's Creation from A-Z.  I am really excited about all aspects for this curriculum.  I hear its very hands on, and a very light approach.  Noah is a reluctant learner, so this year we will not be doing a lot of formal things.  I am going to focus mostly on reading and writing and then everything else will be extra for him.

If he would like he can join us for History and Science as I work with Elijah through My Fathers World Adventures in US History.

For extra handwriting practice I have chosen to use A Reason For Handwriting Book K.  I am not sure how much of that we will use, because My Fathers World has handwriting built in.  I just liked the book and thought we would give it a try.



Noah will also be going through Song School Latin Level 1.  The lesson that we have done so far he wasn't thrilled with, so I am not sure how he is going to like it.  I probably won't force him to join in.



Be sure to check out what I am doing with Zach and Elijah!

No comments:

Post a Comment