Friday, August 16, 2013

Sloppy Joe Recipe

There are few things that my whole family will eat, and sloppy joes are one of them!  They are a staple on our menu, we eat them at least twice a month, if not more.  This recipe comes from my mother, and its not overly complicated.  Now as most of you probably can relate, my mother is a not a measuring kind of cook.  So when I asked for the recipe a while back, she just said she dumps and tastes!  I however am going to try to give measurements, but actually I dump and taste as well.

So here is my families favorite sloppy joe recipe:

Ingredients:
1lb ground beef
1 Cup Ketchup
1/2 cup mustard
2 Tbs. sugar

Hamburger buns

Directions:
1) Brown the ground beef (you can also use ground turkey) in a large skillet, drain the excess fat.
2) Using the same skillet, add to the cooked ground beef the ketchup, mustard and sugar.  Bring to a sizzle, and let cook for about 3-5 minutes on low.
3)  Take a taste and see if you would like to add any more of the ingredients.
4)  Serve on hamburger buns.

Super simple but so delicious!!  I hope you enjoy!  I would love to hear what you think if you make this!

No comments:

Post a Comment