Monday, August 5, 2013

Cheeseburger Casserole

I have been trying to find new recipes for my family lately.  We have sort of gotten ourselves into a rut of the same old stuff.  We are not very adventurous eaters here.  So our menu usually consists of hot dogs, tacos, grilled chicken, etc.

A few weeks ago I decided I would try some of the recipes that I had pinned on Pinterest.  One that I came across was a Cheeseburger Casserole.  It looked pretty good but I was not too sure how my family would like it.  Then I thought, well if they don't like it, too bad!

Here is the original source for the recipe, found at No. 2 Pencil.  I made a few variations to the recipe, depending on what my family likes.  So here are the ingredients that I used:

Ingredients:
1 lb. Ground Beef
Salt and Pepper to taste
Minced Onion to taste
1 28 oz can of whole peeled tomatoes
1 8 oz can tomato sauce
1 16oz can chicken broth
2 cups water
1/4 cup ketchup
2 tsp. of dijon mustard
1 pound rotini pasta
2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese


Directions:
In a large pot, brown the ground beef and add the minced onion, salt and pepper as you are browning the meat.  Drain fat from the pot.  Use kitchen scissors to chop up the whole tomatoes while they are still in the can.  Add the tomatoes, tomato sauce, chicken broth, water, ketchup, dijon mustard, pasta and a little bit more salt to the pot, bring the mixture to a boil.  Turn back the heat, cover and let simmer for 15-20 minutes, or until the pasta is tender.  Once the pasta is cooked, remove from heat and stir in 1 cup of the shredded cheddar cheese.  Add the rest of the cheddar cheese to the top and let it melt.  Serve, eat, enjoy!



This was so delicious!!  And it makes a LOT!!  I was able to feed the family and put 2 containers in my freezer for later!  I am proud to say that this is a Pinterest success!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment