Friday, May 8, 2015

Week In Review

Well, here we are!  Into our final weeks of school! We have one more week left, I know I had said earlier that we were going to be going until the end of May, but in all honesty we are just done!  The kids have had enough and with my parents coming into town next week, I am sure nothing will get done anyway.  So we will continue through next week but, then its summer vacation for us!

Zach's preschool this week focused on some Daniel Tiger activities.  I found this cute packet from none other than, yes you guessed it, 1+1+1=1!  They are too cute!  He was able to do quite a few of the activities in the packet but some of them were geared more towards kindergarten age.  I kinda slacked off and didn't get any books to go along with our unit this week, so I did the best I could with the books we had.  He really enjoyed them!




Noah had a great week!  He finished All About Reading Level 1!  He was super excited to get to put up his last two stickers.  As soon as he did, he asked if he could begin the next one, meaning level 2!  Silly kid!  If you have been following us much this year you know that this kid and reading have had a love hate relationship.  He claims that reading is his favorite subject but, oh how he struggles!  Since we began Level 1 towards the end of last school year and are just now finishing it, I too am ready to move on!  I'm still working on a good strategy to keep this all fresh in his mind over the summer.

Finished reading his last story in Level 1!

He looks a little crazy but he was so excited!





















For our geography studies we traveled to our last country, which is Australia!  I decided to switch things up a bit for this last one, and we are making a country lap book.  I really wish I would have done that with all of the countries instead of using the worksheets, which I think we both found really boring.

We are also doing a lap book for our science studies, we are studying the Great Barrier Reef.  I'm not sure if making two lap books at the same time is a good idea, but I think they are enjoying them.  I will share the finished products next week, so stay tuned.

We also went on a field trip this week.  It was one that my little guy was in heaven over!!  We went for a real train ride!  It was so cool!  We learned about railroad safety and about the old steam trains and when trains were the main mode of transportation.  Very fun stuff!!


Do you think he was excited!!??
Well, here's to a great last week of school for us!!  There will be great celebrating next week as we finish everything up!  I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment