Monday, May 18, 2015

A Refreshing Start

Ahhhh!!!  The first day of summer vacation!  I can feel a weight lifted off my shoulders!  Typically I take the month of June off from all school related things.  I find that it is a great time to relax and get refreshed before really diving in and organizing in July.  I enjoy the time of just being devoted to fun with my kids, doing things that I normally don't have time for during our busy school year.

I have super high hopes for this summer to be a great time of fun and relaxation.  I am excited about our summer reading plan, our vacation, and just time to be outside enjoying our new neighborhood!

As some encouragement to get our summer off on a good foot I am thinking today about Acts 3:19-20.  This passage is talking about the refreshment that comes from repenting and in doing so you are filled with the presence of the Lord! This passage spoke to me because I feel that taking this time off from school in the summer will give me time to focus on the reasons we homeschool, what our main goals are, and most importantly it allows me a time to focus on the Lord and refresh my soul to be ready to face another school year.




I pray that you, too, may find refreshment during this summer season!  Press on my fellow homeschoolers!

No comments:

Post a Comment