Monday, July 15, 2013

What I've Been Up To

I took an unplanned sabbatical in June from blogging.  We had a lot of things going on and a lot of home projects that were needing to get done.  So over the next week(s) I'll be sharing a little about what kind of home projects we have been tackling.

1) School Room Redo
2) Lego Room
3) Master Bedroom Redo
4) Potty Training Part 1, Part 2

So first up today I will share our school room.  I posted a few weeks ago about our trip to Ikea and the things I hoped to be bringing home.  Well, it happened!!  I was able to get the things I had hoped for and we now have it put together and set up!

For this up coming school year I knew that I needed to make some changes to what our school room had been last year.  So here is my criteria that I went by when deciding what I wanted.

1) Storage space out of a toddlers reach
2) Larger desk space for me
3) Sturdier work space for the boys
4) Accessible areas for the toddler

So here is what I came up with:

We got the bigger Expedit Shelving Unit from Ikea and I am so glad that I did!!  As you can tell its being used greatly!  I love that I have at least 2 rows of space that my toddler can't reach, yet at the same time there are three rows that he can get to.  So I have my teacher books and supplies in the first three cubby spots.  Then each of the older boys has one for their books.  The next row is random things that I may use from time to time.  Then the last three rows are books, puzzles and toddler toys.  Those big blue bins are HUGE, they are Drona boxes from Ikea!   I love them!!  They are great for storing some of the toys that we have a lot of like our stacker pegs.
School Room Redo using Ikea Expedit Shelving





Love my desk!  Its so huge and those drawers are amazing!  They are deep which makes it so I can store a lot in that little amount of space.


Then we have this great table that was given to us when my husbands grandma passed away earlier this spring.  I love it!  Its the perfect size for the space and its sturdy!  I am hoping this will work good when we are working so I can sit and help both boys at the same time.


We will once again be using our workboxes.  But since they won't each have their own desk, I decided to get them each this cool mini organizer from The Container Store to sit on top of their workboxes.  Its small enough that they can transport it to the table or take a drawer out if they want.

3 Drawer Mini Organizer from the Container Store

Next is our awesome closet space.  Since we have moved the Legos to our basement (I'll share about that later!), it freed up so much space in the closet.  This is where I am putting all of our learning toys and games.  I use the Sterilite Latch Boxes from Wal-Mart, they are great!  They all stack nicely on top of each other, and they come in lots of sizes!



So there you have it!  A basic rundown of our newly revised school room!  I have great hopes for it this  year.

No comments:

Post a Comment