Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Lego Room

Something that has been on my wish list for about a year now has been a place where my boys can freely build their Lego creations.  Over the past year my husband and I have been brainstorming and trying to figure out where the best place for that would be.  We have a basement, that is half storage and then the other half has been a "dumping" grounds, so to speak.

This past spring in my part of the good ole USA we got bunches and bunches of rain.  Which led to our basement flooding!  Yeah, about 3 inches of water all over.  Thankfully nothing much was ruined, but it forced us to clean up our dumping grounds.  It also gave us a great idea of placing the Lego room down there.

So after much cleaning up, a garage sale, and some trips to Menards, we now have a Lego room!  My boys are so excited about this, they can now create to their hearts content and not have to worry about their little brother tearing it apart!

Here is our finished product, and yes this is how it looks all the time!  I didn't have the heart to make them put their Legos away just so I could take a picture!  We also have a few other toys down there, for when all the boys are down there (yes that includes my hubby!).



We decided to go with a cheap indoor/outdoor carpet, because then if it gets wet again, no big deal!  Its not tacked down or anything, so its easily removed and cleaned up.

There you have it our simple Lego room!

If you would like to see what else we have been doing this summer you can follow along here:

1) School Room Redo
2) Lego Room Redo
3) Master Bedroom
4) Potty Training

No comments:

Post a Comment