Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Potty Training Part 1

Here is a little back ground on the potty training in my house.  I have three boys, each one has been completely different in the potty training area.

Child number 1, was fairly easy to train.  He was in day care at the time and they really worked hard training those 2 year olds!  So about a month before he turned 3 he got it!  It finally clicked in his head and he was going on the potty consistently and rarely had any accidents.

Child number 2, on the other hand was very difficult to train.  When he was a little over 2 we began to work on it, but he just wasn't getting it, so we waited about 6 months and tried again.  He still did not get it, so we waited another 6 months, which made him about 3.  I became pregnant and was really sick, so I put it off because I didn't want to deal with it.  So as soon as I got over that hump of being sick we went full force into the training, so he was about 3 1/2 at that point.  We plugged away for months with little progress.  FINALLY at about age 4 he was "pee trained", but still would not go "number 2" in the potty.  So in the end he was close to age 5 before I would say he was completely trained.

Now along comes child number 3, who I had no intention of training at this point (he was only 22 months when we started).  From the time he was about 15 months we would sit him on the potty before bath, he never went, but I noticed that he wasn't scared of it.  Then at about 18 months he started telling us after he would pee or poo in his diaper.  On a side note, we did cloth diaper him, and I have heard that that makes them more aware of their wetness.  So this past June I had a week of time that I could dedicate to just him, and we went for it!!

Check back later to see how it all turned out!

You find Part 2 here!

No comments:

Post a Comment