Monday, July 22, 2013

Master Bedroom


We have lived in our home for about 3 1/2 years and have never gotten around to painting, decorating, or really anything to do with our master bedroom!  Its been the one project that I have wanted done for 3 years!

A little over two years ago I was planning on doing our bedroom, and then we got pregnant, so that had to be put on the back burner in order to fix up a nursery.  

So finally after a long wait we were able to tackle that master bedroom of ours!!  First was a paint job!  The paint color that was there was really awful!  I really liked our comforter colors so that is what I went off of.  
Master Bedroom Redo
Master Bedroom- Before (yup really that messy!)
Master Bedroom Redo
Master Bedroom- Before











Master Bedroom Redo
Master Bedroom- After Color
Master Bedroom Redo
Master Bedroom- After Color












Next I took on our free dresser.  Yes we have been married for 13 years and still do not have matching bed room furniture!  When we got married we bought an old chest of drawers, and two night stands at a garage sale.  That worked for a while but then we moved it to the boys room and went with out a dresser for almost a year.  Last spring a friend of mine gave us a really nice solid dresser, but it was really out dated.  So of course I scoured Pinterest and found some great ideas to redo it. 

Dresser Redo
Dresser- Before
Dresser Redo
Dresser- After











Isn't it pretty!  Then of course I had to do our night stands as well, but of course I forgot to take a before picture of those.  I am so happy with how everything turned out.  

Last but not least are the finishing touches!  My mom and I took a trip to the "city" in search of curtains, knick knacks and things.  Oh boy did we have fun!!  Our trip included, Ikea, Crate and Barrel, Marshals, TJ Maxx, Home Goods, Bed Bath and Beyond and The Container Store.  Funny thing is that all but 2 we have in my town!  It was a very productive weekend, and we came home with a car stuffed full of great items!  

Here is the final product of a month long process!

Master Bedroom Redo

Master Bedroom Redo

Master Bedroom Redo

Master Bedroom Redo







To catch up on the other projects I have been tackling this summer you can look here:

3) Master Bedroom
4) Potty Training Part 1, Part 2 

No comments:

Post a Comment