Thursday, May 23, 2013

Homeschool Room Re Do

This weekend my hubby and I will be celebrating 13 years of marriage!!  For our anniversary we decided to take a shopping trip to Ikea and the Container Store!!  Yippeee!!!  Ok so really I decided that's what we were going to do.  He will get to go to the Apple store so he is happy!

All year I have been re working our homeschool room, mostly in my head.  Our room currently looks something like this...

School  Room 2012-13

School Room 2012-13


My objective in redesigning the school room came down to two things, more storage and more storage out of the toddlers reach!  We currently have a small filing cabinet that holds most of my writing utensils, extra workbooks, paper, and various other items.  The toddler seems to think that is his playground!  It has made for some fun times here!  *sigh*

Here is what we hope to be purchasing at Ikea..
Ikea Expedit Shelving Unit
Expedit Shelving Unit 


Ikea Linnmon/Alex Table
Linnmon/Alex Table



The Expedit Shelving Unit will be used as a bookcase, toy shelf, and teacher supply shelf.  I am looking forward to having a nice spot, high up to store some things.  The Linnmon/Alex Table will be used as my desk.

I am really excited about these new additions to our room.   We recently inherited a round table that we will try using for the boys instead of desks.  I look forward to sharing with you all the finished room when its done.


No comments:

Post a Comment