Friday, May 17, 2013

Home Management Binder

Now that the school year has finished its time to clean up!  Who's with me!!  I am so looking forward to this part.  I feel that throughout the year things got a little chaotic, and now its time to put some order to everything!

Last week I began re-organizing our family home binder.  In re-organizing it I am hoping to better utilize it.  In the past its just been a place to keep things from piling on the counter.  Now that I have re-done it, I am hoping to actually use it!

So in my home binder I have the following sections:  calendar, menu plan, finances, coupons, contacts, medical, homemade products, and holiday.




I got the front cover and divider printables from New Bee Homeschooler, she has a ton of things you can print out for free to go into your binder.  I used my label maker to label the dividers, which are pocket dividers.  I like these pocket dividers  because they have a pocket on both sides!!  


Here is what is behind each section:

Calendar- our families monthly calendar, any activities that are going to take place or appointments

Menu Plan- our monthly menu and my grocery lists

Finances- (this is where I want to really get back on track!) monthly budget sheet and an annual bill schedule form.  I am also planning on storing receipts in here for the month (great use for the pocket dividers!)

Coupons-  this holds all of my coupons that I plan to use

Contacts- I keep a sheet of address labels and stamps here, birthday and anniversary list and a  family and friends contact list

Medical- our medical information like immunization lists (copies of), insurance card information (copies  of)

Homemade Products-  I make a lot of things homemade, like laundry detergent, so I decided to keep all of the "recipes" for those things in our family binder instead of my recipe binder.

Holiday- things I would like to do or make at the holidays

This is still a major work in progress, but I am hoping to continue working with it until it functions the way I want.

If you are interested in where I found my ideas for my binder you can look at my Pinterest board of Home Management.  There are a TON of awesome ideas!!  I eventually just had to write down what I needed in our binder and go from there to make it work for us!

Next I will talk about my newly revised homeschool binder!!  So stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment