Thursday, November 29, 2012

Our Preschool Program- Part 2

In the last post I pointed out how we got to where we are in our preschool curriculum, you can read that post here.  This time I am going to share a little about how I do the planning for Noah's preschool.

First here is the list of what we have done/ will be doing this year:

October 1-5:  The Very Hungry Caterpillar
October 8-12:  Fall
October 15-19:  Pumpkins
October 22-26:  More Fall and Pumpkin activities
October 29- November 2:  Brown Bear, Brown Bear What Do You See
November 5-9:  Turkeys
November 12-16:  Thanksgiving
November 19-23:  We were on Thanksgiving Break
November 26-30:  The Lorax
December 3-7:  Gingerbread Boy
December 10-14:  Polar Express
December 17-21:  Christmas/ Advent/ Nativity

Then we will be on break until after the first of the year.  I have yet to plan for the winter/spring.  

Now I will explain a little bit about how I plan.  First I start by looking at my calendar, and writing out the weeks that we will be in school.  Then I decide if I want to include holidays/ seasons.  Once I have figured out the dates and what holidays there are, then I search for some packs that look fun or that I think will interest Noah.  Once I have found the ones that I want I will download and save them to my computer, so when it is time to use them, all I have to do is print them off and we are ready to go!  For some of the activities I will go ahead and laminate them, so I can use them again when Zach get to preschool age.  

When it comes time to use the pack, I will print out a lesson plan sheet and fill it in.  Here is the one that I use from 1+1+1=1.   I use each row as a workbox, that way I know what goes in which box.  Right now we are just using about 6 boxes a day.  I am lucky if I can get him to finish those!  Every night I will just go and refill his workboxes with the next days work and we are all set to go.  

When I first began printing all of the packets I really had no idea where or how I was going to store all of them.  So, once again, I went to 1+1+1=1 and found out how she does it!  Its really a genius solution, and I am surprised I never thought of it!  You can read all about how she organizes her things here.   

Here is how my storage system looks.  I love it!!  When ever I am ready for a unit I just grab the plastic folder and everything is ready to do.  I keep the lesson plan form in there as well.  

Here is a workbox.  There are numbers on them and when he completes the box he places his number on a card and moves on to his next box.





No comments:

Post a Comment