Monday, November 5, 2012

Blessings

This year has been a very trying year for our family.  Starting this journey of homeschooling, my hubby is in search of a new job, and then being strapped financially to say the least, it has pushed us beyond what we thought we could handle.  And then in the midst of what feels like total despair, God blesses us through a gift!  This gift was given to us without this person knowing what we were asking for or what had been going on in our lives.  This is truly a blessing from the Lord, it was God reminding us that in our time of despair he is still in control.  God will always take care of his children!  

This blessing came in the form of curriculum!  I know to some that may not seem like a big deal, and to others I know they are feeling the same way I do, that curriculum given is a HUGE blessing!  We had been wanting to use My Fathers World, next year but the cost was going to be a stretch for us.  So we had just been praying that God would provide and since I know He has called us to homeschool, I had no doubt that the funds would be there.  THEN out of the blue, I get a phone call from a friend, that I don't talk to often and I know she doesn't know our financial situation.  She had a TON of homeschooling materials to get rid of.  A bigger blessing is that she just wanted it out of her house so she was just giving it!   They just "happen" to be what we would need for next year!  She had first and third grade My Fathers World, Singapore math, and lots of extra workbooks and such.  Elijah will be using the third grade next year, and then Noah will just be Kindergarten but the first grade material will be used the following year!  God is so good, ALL the time!!!  This gift will cut our homeschooling cost by more than half of what we were expecting!  I also need to add that this all came at a time when my hubby's car was broken and he was in the midst of trying to repair it, you also must know that my hubby is NOT a car person.  God blessed us there as well, because through You Tube and a friend on the phone he was able to get his car fixed and running, with out the huge cost paying someone to do it!    

As I am constantly thinking about this blessing in our lives I am in awe of God's timing and how I so much needed some encouragement.  If you have ever walked through a desert in life you know exactly what I am talking about!  These verses have been on my heart:

Ephesians 3:20-21
Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever.  Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment