Sunday, August 19, 2012

The First week of School

This past week was our first "official" week of school.   We had been doing some stuff for about 2 weeks, I decided to ease into in to.  So this past week we did our full on schedule!  My boys did fantastic!  Mommy on the other hand was a little frazzled some days.  I am still trying to work out finding time for my preschooler, Noah.  Elijah who is in second grade is needing a bit more "hand holding" than I was hoping for.  BUT we will once again adjust our schedule and with a little more planning on my part I think this week will go smoother.

My plan for this week is to try schooling them simultaneously at the table.   Not too sure what will happen but I am hoping for good results.  My hope is that I will be able to get them started on a paper or activity and then independently they can complete it.

Here a few photos from our first week, and few from before that as well:

Doing a little play on the table.

Having some iPad learning games time.

Noah doing his school work.




Yup some more curriculum came this week and that meant another box to play with.

Elijah doing his phonics work.


Family Bible lesson time.

Learning about the Days of Creation.


Now for the Back To School pictures:

My big preschooler and 2nd grader!

The best attempt at getting one of all three of them!  :)



The biggest news of the whole week, the tooth finally came out!!  After being loose for a very long time he finally lost it!  He has three more loose teeth so this might be an expensive month for the tooth fairy!



This post is linking up at the iHomeschool Network Not Back to School Blog Hop!!  





2 comments:

  1. Yay for you and your family!! This is great! Sounds like things are heading off to a great start! I see Elijah is a lefty! I think I may have one too- Luke! ;O)

    ReplyDelete