Sunday, August 5, 2012

Assignment Scheduling


I was having a  really difficult time figuring out how to schedule and give assignments to my oldest.  He can read and likes to follow schedules, so I thought it would be great for him to have a paper copy of what he needed to do for the week or the day.  So after extensive searches on the internet, I came up with a few that I tried.  After two different ones (which were templates that I just filled in his info), I still didn't like how they were done.  So after some help from my husband at making a spread sheet (its been a LONG time since I have used Excel!) I worked up something that I absolutely love!  The best part is that he loves it too, we have been using it for the past few weeks.

So now all I have to do is go into my saved document and type in his assignments for the week, print it out, and hole punch it to go into his 3 ring binder!  Every morning he goes and grabs his binder opens to the correct assignment page and gets to work.  :)  LOVE IT!!!  Inside the binder I have 12 dividers  one for each month, and the assignment pages are placed in the correct month, that way at the end of the month, or year I will have them all in one place.  A pretty simple system, I am hoping it works!  You will also notice that his color is across the top, just add a little "pizazz"!  :)


Elijah’s Weekly Assignments          Week: August 13-17, 2012

Subject
Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Phonics
Pages 1-3

Pages 4-5


Language

Pages 1-3

Pages 4-5

Handwriting




Pages 5-7
Spelling
Page 2
Study and Write the words
Page 2- Second Half of page
Page 3
Page 4
Spelling Test
Math
Pages 1-3
Pages 4-6
Pages 7-8
Pages 9-11
Review/ Catch Up
History

Pages 1-2
Bible Passages
Genesis 1:1
Psalm 33:6
John 1:1-5
Hebrews 11:3

Pages 3-5
Answer Questions 1 and 2 on page 18

Science
Page 1
Begin Memory of Genesis 1:1-5

Pages 2-3
Memory Work on Bottom of page 3

Page 4
Activity on page 5

Reading
Beautiful Stories
Pages 1-3
Robinson Crusoe Reader Chapter 1
Your Choice: pick a book to read to mom
Beautiful Stories
Pages 4-5
Science Nature Reader
Pages 1-5
Art

Craft from Robinson Crusoe Reader, page 77



Music




Bach page 3-6
Bible
Genesis 1:1-31
Jesus Storybook Bible- Creation Story
Pages 2-3
Pages 4-5

The outside of his binder, his name written down the side.

Inside the binder is a paper with what he wants to learn this year.

His assignment sheet, and the dividers.


For my preschooler, I also have a binder that we use for his schooling.  In it I have his Bible Verse cards, shape cards, color cards, worksheets to complete, and his book list.  I am still working on figuring out a system for him, but we are also still working out his preschool program for the year!  He loves that he has a binder just like his big brother and it makes him feel special to get his binder down during his schooling time.  I will probably try to do the same type of format for his "assignments" too, I think its working really well.  

No comments:

Post a Comment