Monday, June 15, 2015

Progress on the Summer Bucket List

I am so excited about how our summer bucket list is coming along.  Honestly I think that having mentioned it on my blog is helping me stick to it!  My kids are loving the activities and I am feeling a bit more creative since I already have things written down and don't have to come up with stuff on the spot to entertain them.

We once again got to check an item off, this time it was a water balloon fight!  I must admit that filling those water balloons was enough to make me want to pull my hair out!  I ended up only getting about 28 filled before I called it quits.  Twenty eight balloons for three kids is not a lot!  They unfortunately ran out pretty quickly, but they did have a great time!  After the balloons were gone they got out the water guns so all was well!  We were also able to check off making sno cones!  They were delicious, but I forgot to take pictures of us enjoying them!  Maybe next time I make them I will get a picture!






If I had thought ahead and wanted to spend a little extra money I would have gotten this awesome thing!  It fills like 100 balloons at one time and they are all tied and ready to go within 30 seconds to a minute!  How cool is that!



Since that is a kind of pricey option and you can only buy refills and not use your own water balloons, I opted to get this cool item from Target!  Basically it does the same thing but you supply your own balloons and it was a much cheaper solution.  I haven't used it yet, but hoping it will work well enough to justify the money spent.

One thing I have been trying this summer is to become a 'yes' mom.  I often would find myself saying no a lot, when the kids would want to do something that messy or takes prep time I often tell them no.  I wanted to do better for them.  I am now being more conscience and saying yes as much as possible. In doing that I think my kids are having a lot more fun and I am not as grumpy because they are entertained and being creative!


No comments:

Post a Comment