Monday, June 22, 2015

The Summer Crazies... Organizing, Purging, and Planning

I've come to think that this summer will not be as restful as I had hoped!  Last week became so busy! We had two weeks of Bible school in a row, and last week little Zach was sick.  So between baseball, a sick kid and bible school we are exhausted!!

I am looking forward to this week and having no plans at all!  I am looking forward to some rest and checking some more items off of our bucket list.

I have also slowly, very slowly, been revamping our school room.  I began by doing some major purging.  To say that I was a bit of a curriculum hoarder is an understatement!  So I have come to the conclusion that less is more.  I went from having about 10 boxes of unused homeschool items down to 4 boxes of items that I am saving for future use or record keeping.

This is the mess that I was making.

Since moving into our new home last fall I put very little thought into the arrangement of our school room, and needless to say it was not working too well for us.  I have been moving furniture and arranging items and having so much fun doing it!  Stay tuned to see the finished product in a few weeks!

We were able to purchase some new items for our school room from the money made by purging the unused items.  I am excited about these new trofast systems from Ikea that we were able to buy.




I am hoping to get everything put back together this week and share the finished product by the end of next week.  After that I will be putting together our curriculum for next year and getting ready to begin school at the beginning of August.  Wow, that will be here too soon!  My kids are already asking to start school!  Not yet kiddos, this mom needs a break!  

No comments:

Post a Comment