Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Our New School Room Tour

I know you have been anxiously awaiting the tour of our school area!  So here is it!  Our brand new school room.  I must say though, that I am not totally happy with it.  When we moved in, I gave myself a week to get things unpacked and ready to start school.  So I really just threw things on shelves and hung stuff up so we could begin school and not get farther behind this year.

I am already planning on reorganize this summer.  I am really hoping to get a few new pieces of furniture, and get rid of a few pieces.  I have my eye on some things from Ikea!  Like this really cool Trofast storage system, and these awesome shelf ledges.


Alright, here ya go, our school room and family room/play room!

Here is a straight on picture of our school room.  This is looking in from the hallway that has the stairs that would take you to the main level of our home.

This is Elijah's desk.  Really since its been so cold here, they all just hang out in front of that little space heater and do their work. :)
Here is Noah's desk.  On the window sill he has his Art Cards from MFW 1st grade, he loves them!

This is our Expedit shelf from Ikea.  I LOVE it!  But as you can see its a little messy and disorganized right now.  That is one thing I hope to take care of this summer.

In this cubby hole is where I keep Noah's school books.  He has a binder for his completed work in MFW 1st grade, his All About Reading Level 1 books, and some math manipulatives.  The big blue bin next to that is some teacher stuff, like my laminator, laminating pouches, and some art trays. 
Here is our Tot School supplies, Zach has a crayon box, some coloring books, and a few workbooks from Rod and Staff.  I also found Little Hands to Heaven from Heart of Dakota at a used curriculum sale, that I might use next year.
The next two cubbies I use for Elijah's things. In the one on the left I keep his Geography Game, All About Spelling teachers manual, Math U See textbook and a few other things that go along with MFW Exploring Countries and Cultures curriculum.  In the cubby on the right I keep our family binder, homeschool binder and all of my main teachers manuals. And a bunch of other junk that has gotten stuffed in there! 
 Under my main teacher manual cubby I have a Thirty-One Fold N' File that houses all of our student sheets.  They are separated by weeks and grades into file folders and then put into hanging files.  Next to that I have our main lesson planner, it has my lesson plans, and calendar.  I like to keep track of field trips we take and count school days, even though my state does not require it.

Under the cubby that has my lesson plans I keep a basket with our morning things in it.  First thing in the morning when we begin our school day, we come together and do a Bible lesson, hear a missionary story and then do some character study.  The rest of the Expedit houses reading books that go along with our geography and science studies.  I also keep our easy readers, and preschool books in there along with toys for Zach to play with.

Next to the Expedit is my desk.  The green and blue paper bins are where they turn their work in once its completed and then I grade it.  Every few weeks I will file it away into their binders of competed work.  
On the opposite wall, we have a few book cases that have some more puzzles and things for Zach to do.  On top of those I keep our book basket books, which are mostly library books.  I have one for each of the older boys and then a general library basket that we keep books that they just checked out for "fun".
Attached to our school room we have a small storage area, it doesn't have an overhead light, so its not real functional.  I keep some more toys and art supplies in there.


In the bankers boxes we keep their completed work from previous years, along with Math U See teachers manuals, All About Spelling teachers manuals, and My Fathers World teachers manuals that we are not currently using.  
Across the hall from our school room is our nice, large family room.  We do our read aloud time on the couches,  which makes it nice and cozy.
The big book case has the majority of our books and a few toys.  Which is why I would like to get that nice Trofast system to get those toys off the book case so I can add more books!!
This is the Lego and game portion of the family room.  The tall book case holds our games and the rest of that little mess over there is legos.  We also have a small trampoline that Noah uses to get some energy out!

 

Well there you have it!  Our little school room!  I hope you enjoyed seeing some pictures of where we do school and hang out.   Next time I will be finally getting around to sharing what curriculum we are using this year!












No comments:

Post a Comment