Thursday, June 12, 2014

Summer Schedule

This summer with all of our activities and things, I still wanted to keep a general schedule going.  As you know I am a scheduler and my kids like routine and schedules as well.  If I don't have a schedule and some goals then nothing get accomplished.  So here is how our summer will going this year.  Just a reminder that I put times but the times are just a general guideline for me to follow, its not as strict as it looks.

8:00         Breakfast
8:30         Character Quality/ Devotion
9:00         Star Challenge Activities
                    Handwriting page, Math page, reading
10:00       Outside, Library, Park, Play date
11:30       Lunch
12:00       Nap for Zach, Read Aloud for the rest of us
1:00         Rest time, movie, downstairs lego building
3:00          Snack time, outside water play

As you can see I try to keep our morning pretty structured and "normal".  In case you are wondering what Character Quality education we are using, we are using Confessions of a Homeschooler Character Study.  So far we are enjoying it and I think it will be a great addition to our summer learning.

Here are the summer goals I set out for my boys.

Elijah:
    Practice cursive writing
    Read 30 minutes a day
    Keep math facts fresh

Noah:
    Practice handwriting
    Reading practice 15 minutes a day (we will be using All About Reading Level 1 this summer)
   
Zach:
    Potty train!  (yes I know, I wrote a while back what was working for us in potty training, well since school began in the fall he fell off the wagon!  So we are back at it this summer!  So far he is doing really well.)

Hopefully with this schedule and these goals our summer will run smoothly and it will be a wonderful refreshing time for everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment