Monday, August 19, 2013

Let the School Year Begin

Today is our first day of school!  I have gone up and down in my emotions about it.  I have gone from super excited and ready to start to oh my goodness its time to start!

This year having a third grader, a kindergartener and a two year old will be a challenge.  I am hoping that the third grader will become more of an independent learner by the end of the year.  That will be a focus for us in this first semester.

Teaching kindergarten, more specifically a child how to read, has me quite terrified!  I am resting in the fact that he will learn to read but it might not be as quickly as his brother, and thats ok.  I am also so happy that I do not have to send him away to school.  Even though he wants to go, I know that after about a week, he would be done with it.  He's not a morning person, and trying to get him to do things he doesn't want to do is not fun.

Now lets throw in a very active and crabby two year old, this should be fun!  This two year old, is very interested in what's going on and wants to do everything his brothers do.  BUT he also just wants my attention ALL. THE. TIME!

Lord I need some help!  So each morning I am committing my day to Him and letting Him lead us!  I know that I do not have the power to make it all happen.  I also know that some days will just not go as planned, and that's OK!  This is why we homeschool!

I found this really cute video on You Tube, set to the song I Will Survive.  I hope you enjoy it!


No comments:

Post a Comment