Thursday, May 18, 2017

School Choice: Not the Same for Every Family

This is a post that I wrote over a year ago in January 2015.   I never published it, not sure why but as I read through it just now I am feeling the need to publish it.  I still believe that homeschooling is the right decision for our family at this time, we go year by year, child by child.  There are so many choices for schooling our children and what is right for one family is not right for another family.  


Do you ever just get in a rut?  That's how I have felt lately, which is one reason this blog has been silent for the past few months.  There is also the factor that I really have not had the time!  But last night I had a conversation with friends, and it brought something out in me which made me think I had to get it out!  So here I am!

I have felt in the past that when talking to people about our choice to homeschool there may be some trepidation in their voices.  I usually would just shrug it off, but last night something that was said really got me riled up.  So here it is!

I feel like now is my time to 'defend' our homeschooling choice!  Well maybe not defend but explain. When we chose to homeschool it had nothing to do with me thinking that all public schools were bad or that homeschooling is the only right choice.  Completely the opposite!  I believe that there is no RIGHT choice!  God has a plan for each of us and that means public, private and homeschooling are all the right choice.

For our family we choose to homeschool because that is what God has placed in our hearts to do.  I also feel that if we were to send our children to public school at this time we would be out of the will of God, and that is not a place I wish to be!

We are certainly not perfect, and I absolutely have days when I dream of that yellow bus taking my children away for 9 hours!  Then the reality sets in and I realize that if my children were gone all day then there would be less time for things like this:











If you want to see a very detailed description as to how we came to the homeschooling decision you can look here.  

Ok that is all!  

No comments:

Post a Comment