Wednesday, September 11, 2013

The Best Thing I've Learned This Week

In all the chaos that is my life, I sometimes forget that how I portray myself to others could be misleading!  It hit me twice last week, that people seem to think that I have myself all together!  OH boy is that not true!

I think because I am an organized person, I like to be on time and I am a good planner, people think that I'm all together.  When in reality, they don't hear the crazy screaming children as we are rushing out the door.  Or the crazy screaming mommy who is frustrated at her two year old because he won't use the potty.

So the best thing that I learned this past week, is to be careful how you portray yourself.  You never know when someone else is struggling and looking at you thinking that they are failing.  I never want anyone to think that my life is perfect or that I know all the answers.  So in an effort to curb this perception, I am vowing to be open and honest about what is really going on.

The next time someone asks me "How are you?", I may just respond with the truth!

Just in case you don't believe me, here is what my kitchen and school room look like at this very moment!



No comments:

Post a Comment