Monday, April 15, 2013

Gearing Up for Next Year

We are about 4 weeks away from finishing our "school year"!  This is so exciting for us, I can now say that we finished one year of homeschooling, and that I plan to continue!  This is a big deal considering I wasn't thinking I could do it at this time last year.  Now I wouldn't have it any other way.

We are also finalizing our curriculum for next year.  After attending our homeschool convention over the weekend I was able to find a few extra things to round out our curriculum.  I will be writing a separate post about what we will be using later on.

Right now I want to share something that really stuck out to me while listening to a seminar at our convention.  I actually went to two seminars about basically the same thing, one was about occupying little ones while homeschooling older children, and the other one was about homeschooling multiple age children.  Both of them said the same thing... spend undivided time each day with your little one!  That hit home to me, that I need to make sure Zach is given his time with me to learn.  So in our schedule next year I will have to make sure that I schedule 15-30 minutes each day just for him!

Anther tip that I received was to include the littles in as much as possible.  So when the big kids get their new supplies, make sure the littles get some new things as well.  When the big kids are doing worksheets or coloring pages make sure the littles have one as well.  These are all awesome ideas that definitely need to be implemented into our homeschool.  They are also things that I know, but struggle to actually do on a daily basis.

Anybody have other tips for me for homeschooling multiple ages of children?  I am always open to new ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment